Friday, June 15, 2007

Thank God for Thursday ^_^

Hey everyone. You know what time it is ^_^

Thursday was a pretty good day. I got to my Google Earth tutorial a little late, but luckily, I didn't miss a thing ^_^ This tutorial is available online, so I can redo as much as I want, when I need to. The material had two levels: basic and advance. So I still have to do everything in it to be an intermediate coder in kml. Also, I did some island hopping in Second Life. I encourage everyone to make an avatar and at least take a few minutes to look at Second Life. Sure the graphics aren't great, but this is the closest you'll get to a real-world online environment. People buy and sell merchandise, and post different kinda of medium. Recording artists even have Second Life concerts, along with live feeds of their real concerts. I went to the island that the University of Alaska at Fairbanks bought, to see how much space I could use for my weather model. I'm thinking bout having a step-up like a Geo-wall: a series of panels connected like a room which could project a 3D area at all aspects. That would give me the space I want. After coming back from the office, the interns got together and ate homemade pizza and pasta salad made by Zach and Nathan, which was really good ^_^ Then we all went to the tv room to watch a movie called Pan's Labyrinth. It was a movie after the spanish civil war with a fairytale twist. It was a really good movie, and I would recommend everyone see it. After the movie, everyone chilled out in their room until they went to sleep. Well, gotta get rested for friday, it's DDR night!! Until we meet again....

BCB

No comments: